|Tax Status:||Inc. Tax|
MEMORY 19 DAYBOAT
This is an Eric Bergquist hull that I found in a boat yard in 1992 and it was incomplete and required completion. I have owned her ever since and she has been a part of the family over this time. In years passed she has been involved with successful racing and won many prizes.
There is plenty of info on the web about these boats and this one is a very good example.
The hull differs from other Memory 19 as follows:-
- The mahogany cockpit coaming is raised to 100 mm above the deck with bronze fairleads and bronze cleats on the inside. This keeps the cockpit fairly dry in boisterous conditions. The coaming is capped with a brass rubbing strip.
- There is an outboard well that houses a 6hp outboard with the engine enclosed below the deck level. A plug is available that is used when racing and the outboard has been removed.
- All chain plates are bronze
- The gammon iron is custom made in 316 stainless steel
- The rudder is varnished mahogany with bronze pintles and strengthening plates. The tiller is mahogany.
- The bowsprit is mahogany with a bronze cleat and a 316 stainless steel cranse iron. It is held down with a 316 stainless steel 8mm chain and bronze rigging screw.
- Twin bronze pin rails with bronze belay pins
- Ballast in lead ingots in bilge (38 x 15kg)
- Whale deck mounted bilge pump
Details of the rig:-
- 24ft solid douglas fir mast
- 16ft solid douglas fir boom with GD Boote bronze goose neck and bronze fittings
- Ash gaff with bronze/leather gaff saddle
- 10ft boat hook/whisker pole with bronze fitting
- Stainless steel shrouds and forestay
- Aluminium Holt Allen top mast with ash jackyard
- Running backstays to bronze Highfield levers (only used when racing)
- Deck mounted varnished ash blocks for jib sheets and main sheet
- All other blocks are tufnol
Details of sails:-
All in excellent condition
- 2016 mainsail by Patrick Selman
- 2016 jib by Patrick Selman onto roller furler
- 2017 topsail by Patrick Selman
- 2017 huge spare jib by Patrick Selman
- 2006 storm jib (sets on gammon iron) rarely used
- 2002 spare topsail by Patrick Selman
Details of outboard:-
- 2008 Mercury 6hp 4 stroke with high reverse thrust propeller and remote tank (engine will be serviced by agent before sale).
- All sheets, halyards and warps
- Heavy duty road trailer (not presently road legal)
- Fortress FX40 anchor, 316 chain and warp
- 5kg Danforth kedge anchor 316 chain and warp
- Box with 5 West Marine automatic lifejackets
- Full cover for hull, bowsprit and end of boom that overhangs the stern
The boat was previously based in Abu Dhabi but is now in Norwich. She is in good order but with a few minor scratches on the hull from transportation. In Abu Dhabi, she was dry sailed and this added to her upkeep. She is a fast boat that can make many more modern craft look pedestrian. The reason for sale is that age is dictating the very type of yacht we have been used to passing when sailing the Memory. She is priced to sell and no time wasters should make contact.
The boat is at my home and is unrigged but complete on her trailer. I regret that I am not available to take potential buyers out for day sails before purchase, but will be pleased to help explaining the rigging and providing advice during preparations for taking her to sea once sold.
|Vessel type:||Gaff rigged open dayboat|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||MERCURY 4 STROKE OUTBOARD|
|Length over all:||24' 10"|
|Length at waterline:||19'|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.