|Tax Status:||Tax Exempt|
Maldon, Essex, CM9 5HG Essex UK|
Blue Trout is No. 1007 on the National Register of Historic Vessels, she is an important part of Britain’s maritime yachting heritage. She is a design by NE Dallimore. when built by Kings of Burnham, 1937 she was the largest private yacht to have been commissioned and built by the Boatyard.
Her hull is the 2” Burmese Teak planking on her hull and decks, laid over the 3” English Oak frames. The underwater hull is sheathed in copper.
She was one of the most comfortable and luxurious cruising yachts of her day.
She performed well when racing.
In 1983 the present owner found her in a very sorry state in Piraeus in Greece, He decided to take her on and sail her back to the UK , Reregistered her as a UK ship and had Alan Staley, Shipwright of Faversham, Kent, bring her back to her former glory. The restoration took over 3 years.
2020 Blue Trout has been undergoing an extensive refurbishment to her varnish works and the rig. The main mast had to be removed, a huge repair was required.
The bowsprit housing has had to be replaced.
|Vessel name:||Blue Trout|
|Condition:||Very good and well maintained|
|Vessel type:||single wooden displacement hull|
|Designer:||N E Dallimore|
|Builder:||William King & Sons, Burnham on Crouch|
|Model:||60ft Bermudan Ketch|
|Registry:||National Historic Vessel|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Cruising Speed:||6 Knots|
|Maximum Speed:||12 Knots|
|Length over all:||69'|
|Length of deck:||60'|
|Length at waterline:||49' 3"|
|Maximum draft:||8' 6"|
|Keel type:||Full Keel|
|Displacement:||38 metric tons|
8 x berths in 3 x cabins
Natural daylight comes in from 5 x top side opening ports, on each side
Enter accommodation from the companionway, forward of deckhouse/ and cockpit
12v/24v cabin lighting throughout the accommodation
Aft master cabin
- 2 x large single / small double berths
- Built in dresser, with drawers and hanging space and a large mirror on aft bulkhead
- Opening ports port and starboard
- Blakes WC, wash basin and shower in a separate compartment
Midships cabin to stbd of the companionway
- 2 x single bunks
- Stowage lockers
- Solid fuel stove
- Chart table & navigation equipment
- Flat screen TV
- Drop leaf table
- Settees convert to 2 x single bunks
- Galley forward built in to the port side opposite
- 2 x single bunks
- 4 x Gas Burner hob
- Microwave oven
- Fridge Waeco Cool Matic CR-110
- Pressurised gas hot water system, calorifier
- Gas central heating system
Midships Heads compartment with Sea toilet and wash basin.
Forepeak is the bosuns locker / sail store. And chain locker
- 2 in Burma teak carvel planking on sawn oak frames and bent oak timbers
- Copper sheathed underwater hull
- Iron keel, 14 tons
- Teak laid deck
- Mizzen boom gallows
- 2 x Panama fairleads galvanised double bollard
Cockpit with wheel steering, helm seat
- Mizzen mast and deckhouse immediately forward
- 4 x Large ventilation cowls on deckhouse roof
- Companionway in deckhouse to engine room
- Main boom gallows at fwd deckhouse
Butterfly skylight to aft stateroom
- Dorade boxes and cowls port and starboard
Raised companionway to accommodation
Butterfly skylight over saloon
Panama spring line fairleads thru bulwark port & starboard, leading to galvanised double bollards
- Stowage boxes port & starboard
- a single davit to port
Raised companionway forehatch, skylight in sliding part
- Deadlight ports to sides, - Large Dorade box with large chromed cowl vent
- Mushroom deck vent to port over galley, Large deck prism fwd
Hydraulic windlass and warping drum
Staff / staff holder and ensign
- Steering Compass in brass binnacle
- Autopilot Autohelm 6000
- Raymarine C Series Radar
- Raymarine DSM300 Sonar
- Ship to shore radio VHF Icom IC-M423 + remote
- VHF Back-up Icom IC-M323
- GPS chart plotter.
- Navtex weather ICS
- running light boxes at shrouds
Access to engine room via hatch in cockpit- Perkins M130 6cylinder naturally aspirated, 130hp Diesel (replaced New in 2015)
- Generator - Vetus 8kw/h
- Hydraulic wheel steering from the deep open cockpit.
- Mild steel fuel tanks
Bermudan Ketch Rigged.
Main mast has undergone a massive repair 25ft length scarfed in. Hollow wooden engineered masts All varnished. A keel steeped main mast, mizzen in tabernacle.
She carries a bowsprit for the Jib and jib topsail.
142.6msq of sail area.
Laurent Giles style running backstay levers port & starboard
A sliding track for staysail boom sheeting
4 x Self tailing chromed sheet winches
SAILS ( All made by Wilkinson, 1984)
- Main, battened
- Stay sail
- Storm jib
Deck fittings all protected from UV / elements damage with Dark blue canvas covers.
- Cockpit dodgers, - 2 x Boom covers
- covers for the deck box storage x 2, the skylights / companionways.
and the bespoke deck dining table.
- Self tailing halyard winches
- Pin rails at shrouds
- Shore power and generator-supplied 220 V AC system
- 12 V and 24 V DC system
- Battery Charger Sterling PCU2430
3 main battery systems , Engine domestics and the saloon / navigation equipment all with isolator switches
- Pushpits, pulpit , stanchions and guard wires.
- 2 x Life rafts 4 person Requires servicing.
- Engine room auto fire system
- 8 Fire extinguishers
- Auto bilge pumping system 2000 GPH
Submersible pump stowed in engine room
Jabsco pump over the generator
- Gas inspection June 2021.
- a Tender stowage on deck
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.